Facts and figures about the Village of Islandia, based on information from the United States Census Bureau.
The Village of Islandia is located in the northern region of the Town of Islip in Suffolk County, New York. It has a total area of 2.2 square miles.
According to the 2020 United States Census:
- 3,541 people live in the Village of Islandia.
- From 2010 to 2020 the village’s population grew by 6.2% on top of growing by 9.1% from 2000 to 2010, making Islandia one of the fastest growing communities in Suffolk County.
- There are 1,151 households.
- 19% of the people are under the age of 18.
- 13% are between 20 and 29.
- 19% are from 30 to 39.
- 11% are from 40-49.
- 16% are from 50-59.
- 12% are from 60-69.
- 10% are 70 years of age or older.
- Islandia is one of four incorporated villages in the Town of Islip. The others are Brightwaters, Ocean Beach and Saltaire.
- The only other incorporated municipality with the name Islandia is located in Miami-Dade County, Florida (east of Homestead, along Biscayne Bay). That Islandia encompasses 66.4 square miles, but has a population of just 6 people, according to the United States Census Bureau.