PSEG Long Island Offers Payment Plans, Other Assistance to Help Avoid Shutoffs
As shutoffs resume after more than two years, low- and moderate-income customers will continue to have assistance with bills and may be eligible for new protections.
Download a notice from PSEG that includes information about assistance programs that Village residents may be able to access.
Energy Conservation Tips for Your Home
Check all doors and windows for air drafts or leaks
- Weather strip, cover with plastic and caulk gaps
Electrical switches and outlets on exterior walls
- Remove plate cover and install insulated cover underneath original cover
Check basement windows and doors for drafts
- Cover with plastic, weather strip door
- Have your heating system company service tune up, clean chimney and burner
- Lower thermostat at night and when you are out
- Install programmable thermostat
Lighting interior and exterior
- Install energy saving bulbs, reset all timers for shorter on times